

One of the things I have picked up over the last year has been painting miniatures. I used to do it about 12 years ago when I had a bit more time on my hands. What inspired me to start again was my friend Alex. He is very, very good at it, and has been kind enough to teach me some of his tips and tricks and not laugh too hard at my feeble attempts to follow in his footsteps.
I paint not only to have cool miniatures to use for my role-playing and tabletop strategy game hobby, but I have found also that it is very relaxing. Even if I screw up a mini and make it look like a circus clown (Seth, that one is for YOU!) it is time I get to just sit and not worry about anything else. It takes such intense concentration to paint details on something that is no more than two inches long that I don't have to think about the guy who got his head popped by a truck trailer last Friday morning. My wife also enjoys the time because she works on her crafts and hobbies while I do mine, and we just get to enjoy each other's company. My kids, also, have begun painting, and they love it.
Here are pictures of my latest attempt. It is a Klingon C-8 Dreadnought for a game called Federation Commnader.
No comments:
Post a Comment